Hammerite Hammered 750ml Black
Hammered Black 750ml
Paint directly onto rusty surface without the need for a primer or undercoat
Fast dry and recoat times means the job can usually be done in a day
8 Years Protection
Hammered, smooth & satin finishes
About Hammerite Hammered range
Durable, corrosion resistant decorative coating for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, certain plastics and wood. The decorative hammered appearance is smooth to the touch and sheds water well.
• Can be applied directly onto rusty metal. .
• No need for primer or undercoat. .
• Corrosion resistant. .
• Hammerite forms a superior barrier that not only seals out moisture but gives long lasting protection both inside and outside. .
1. Abrade smooth surfaces and remove all loose rust and flaking paint with a wire brush.
2. Remove dirt, dust and grease with diluted detergent. Rinse with clean water and allow time to dry. .
3. Paint a test patch of Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Hammered onto painted surfaces and leave for 1 hour. If there is no reaction apply Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Hammered directly to surface. .
4. If there is a reaction, remove all paint before applying Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Hammered. .
5. On bare zinc, aluminium and galvanised surfaces apply Hammerite Special Metals Primer before applying Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Hammered.
1. Ideal application temperature 8-25degC.
2. Lightly stir before use. Do not mix vigorously. .
3. Do not mix paint from 2 tins or mix colours. .
4. Brush application: Do not thin. On previously painted metal in sound condition, 1 coat should be sufficient. On bare/rusty metal 2 coats are required. Ensure that all edges and corners are adequately covered. Do not over-apply as sagging will occur. .
5. Coventional spray application: Thin with Hammerite Brush Cleaner & Thinners at a ratio of 15% Thinners to Paint. Set spray gun at 25/35psi and use full fan spray at maximum volume. Apply 4 thin coats. Allow 1 hour between coats. Refer to spray equipment manufacturer’s guidelines for the correct and safe use of sprayers. .
For more information please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Coverage: 5 square meters per litre
Durability: 8 Year Protection
Repaintable after 4 hours